Sunday, May 25, 2008

in the wake of "the ordinary"...

In two short and fast weeks I will be in Santa Monica California getting ready to begin an epic and amazing adventure. I have been training, promoting, fund raising and witnessing to people about what this ride is all about. I am riding more frequently and for longer distances. I have been praying and seeking Gods direction and words for this trip. Actually, a word and an image came to me today as I was riding a solo 43 mile ride. God revealed to me that as we ride we will be leaving a wake behind us just as in this photo. I thought about that the entire ride. Our "wake" is what we leave behind as we travel. Our wake is our Christian witness. What will people say after we have come and gone ? How will people remember us ? The more authentic our walk with Jesus, the bigger our wake will be. I am mandated to be a witness for what I have seen and the miraculous transforming power of forgiveness and grace. I want the water to be stirred up as we step out in faith on this bike ride. What impressions will we make as we put our faith and love for Jesus out front ? Paul, in writing to the Ephesians, in Ephesians 6:19-20 says, "and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Our brothers and sisters in Africa deserve our boldness. They are waiting on us...

No comments: